Monday, February 14, 2011

Shopping Centre

SHOPPING CENTRE / COMPLEX
It was a sunny day; clouds were swiftly racing in the sky. It was a Sunday morning. My family and I decided to visit a new mall in the suburbs. It was ecstatic and as merry as a cricket.
We reached the mall in a comfortable car journey. As soon as we entered the mall we were received by a gush of cool air. The air in the complex is distinctly cooler as compared to the blazing heat outside. That’s why no wonder I saw youngsters loitering inside the complex. There were also armed guards stationed out of the complex.
In the main centre of the mall there was a person playing songs of films through 2 giant loudspeakers. Then I made way to the shopping centre. Behind the bill counter, a pretty girl was giving information of the shopping centre. The supermarket on the ground floor had shelves after shelves stacked with cans, packets, bottles and tins of common items like milk, beverages, sweets, etc. I immediately took a lot of things. My mouth was watering. But my mother rejected half of the things. I was dejected. The sales girl helped me in putting the things. We immediately paid the bill and left. My experience in the shopping centre was marvelous.
Then came the game zone. I ran with joy with my heart palpitating with excitement. My brother and I brought a card. There were different types of games – Jackpots, bumper car, volleyball, bike and car rides, etc. The video arcade was filled with youngsters hunched over the consoles feverishly working with their fingers to beat the electronic machine. I played games and got many prizes. I was as cheerful as lark.
As we all were hungry, we went to the restaurants. My mouth started watering. I smelled coffee croissants, pastries wafting from the shop. I munched a scrumptious chocolate cookie. I also had a pizza and a cold drink though I had a sore throat. I was as blithe as a butterfly.
Then we took leave. It was truly a fantastic experience of a mall. I came in the car holding lot of shopping bag and then we went home.

-Anshul Dalmia

1 comment:

  1. this is really good, however i think to improve you should perhaps add more ambitious vocabulary to give more life to your writing. :) but really well written, also try to describe more about whats happening around you, adding more action into your scene. :)

    ReplyDelete