Monday, February 21, 2011

Airport

‘What a spectacular airport it is!' I exclaimed with awe . I was as cheerful as lark and was over the moon.

It was a bright morning and the time was 6:30 am. It was two weeks after the summer vacation and I had been busy packing my luggage as DAD had announced that we were visiting THAILAND, SINGAPORE and MALAYSIA. I was exultant and was brimming with joy. Soon we reached the international airport.

As soon as I stepped out of the taxi, a rush of warm air greeted us. Due to excitement I quickened my pace and brought a trolley. we entered inside after the security checked our passports and we were welcomed by an airhostess. It was a grand airport and I could not believe my eyes. I saw people pushing their trolleys filled with luggage. Soon we went to the counter and collected our boarding pass whereas our luggage was dragged by the airport officials.

As it was an international airport I could see various people coming and going to various places. They dressed according the country they belonged. A few smartly dressed men and women in-charge answered the queries of the passengers. I felt pride as so many people from abroad came to visit INDIA. While moving towards the checking of luggage I could see people standing with banners at the arrival hall outside. There were butterfly feelings and tears of joy on people’s face as they were meeting after long time. There were emotions on everyone’s face whether boarding or de-boarding. Some took blessings, by touching feet.

We reached the checking area. We as well our luggage was thoroughly checked by the numerous x-ray machines. Soon there was announcement that KINGFISHER 1012 was delayed due to some problem for 2 hours. I was despondent but however I recovered as it was my first visit and I could examine the airport carefully. The lounge was brightly lit up and tastefully decorated. There were languages of confusion and looks of misunderstanding on people’s face. There was huge screens displaying the arrival and departure of flights and at the same time announcements at regular intervals were made. I could see children playing with trolleys, men watching cricket game, while some waiting for their flights. I was thoroughly impressed on hearing the polite tone of an official at the airport explaining the confused passengers.

When I went further I was terrified on seeing throng of people at the duty free shops. I took my father there and bought a souvenir for myself. There were many others small gifts shops containing airport stacked books, toys and chocolates. Suddenly my mouth started watering by smells of coffee, fried food and cinnamon buns from cafeteria. There were rats in my stomach so I had sandwich and cold drink from the restaurants.

There was only thirty minutes left for our departure so we did not roam further. When I sat I saw the sky train terminal. Soon we sat in the bus. We heard the zooming of airplanes as they took off the runway. There were lights flashing on tips of the wings of the plane. There were counter of various airlines. I could see small lorries with luggage carrying to various planes. Now there were no limit to my excitement. Finally after the two hours delay we stopped inside the plane. Luckily I got the window seat so the view was spectacular. Traveling first time in a international flight was awesome.

-Navya Mehta

No comments:

Post a Comment