Thursday, February 10, 2011

Monsoon Magic

"The Rainy Season had started I exclaimed loudly", it was so much fun.

It was a cloudy day. I set off to school with my bag and umbrella. I had barely left home when it started drizzling. I was hurrying along

with other people who were also hurrying. Soon the drizzle turned to heavy showers and the road was completely wet with water, running

into the drains near a road. I took a shelter near a bus stop and looked around. Little boys and girls were splashing water on one another.

Some children were dancing and jumping with joy. One small boy was trying to float a little paper boat. Other children were trying to collect

water in their tiny hands. Some people were fully wet and did not care, and kept walking. Cars and buses were also drenched.

After I came from school I looked out of window it again started raining. Then I thought, in India the rainy season had lasted from June to September.

During this time the sky is covered with dark clouds. We can also hear the thundering sounds and see the lightening. From my balcony i saw a peacock dancing in the crystal drizzling rain. It looked breath taking.

Thank you

Yutika Patel

No comments:

Post a Comment