Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Autobiography of a mobile

An autobiography of mobile phones

You can walk and talk with me. You can play throughout the day with me. Dancing and singing is also possible because of me. I think now you have guessed who I am?

Yes I am a brand new mobile sparkling on the window shelf. I am shiny black and red in colour. My name was etched with a silver colour. I was a brand new Samsung mobile. I was unique and different from others because I had no keypad. I was a touch screen phone. I was slim and trim. I was specially designed for the youth. All the teenagers would ogle at me but I was too expensive.

One day a teenager named Anne liked me a lot. She asked her dad to buy me but her dad found me expensive. But Anne wanted me. She left the shop saying I will only buy this mobile and nothing else . I felt glum for her but I was surprised as Anne’s dad bought me the next day and kept me in the cupboard saying, “I will gift it to Anne tomorrow on her birthday.” I was waiting to see her expressions- happiness and a sweet little smile on her face. At the crack of dawn, Annes’s dad kept the gift next to her pillow where she was sleeping. When she woke up she saw me and screamed with happiness and thanked her dad. She switched me on and checked me in and out. She used to use me very carefully and loved me a lot. But the bad thing was that it was very painful when she would click on me. Gradually I became old and slow in use but I enjoy the lovey-dovey talks which she used to chat on me. She used me for five long years.

Now I am lying in her cupboard doing nothing, waiting for a happy end. I have no regrets of my life. I served my master well and so did she.

-Kraya Shah

No comments:

Post a Comment