Monday, February 21, 2011

Project on Space



I TOOK THE MORNING NEWSPAPER AND READ THE HEADLINES………..

I took the morning newspaper and read the headlines “WATER FOUND ON MARS”. I was shocked and just stared at the headlines. I could not believe my eyes even after splashing cold water on my face.

My dad told me that the video of “WATER ON MARS” was shone on T.V. NASA had sent a satellite two years ago on which must have reached there. I wanted to do research about it on the internet as we had a project on it. I found a lot of beautiful pictures on websites. I immediately saved the video and pictures about solar system on water on mars etc. for our project. I was so excited that I called my friends.

I was very happy but there was a problem. We had to even make a model. We immediately decided to meet at one of my friend’s place. We needed a lot of co-operation. Two of them went down to bring materials. Two of the people who were good in their language skills made a brilliant speech and by that time, one of my friends and I planned the model and a chart. By then the material was brought. Without resting for a while we began to start our model. We divided our work so that we could do it quickly.

We had not finished until night. The next day the model was brought carefully. The speech we made impressed most of the judges. The results were declared on Wednesday. They had announced it on the school ground. First the result of 6 standard was announced and then ours. They announced the prizes from consolation from first. The most unexpected thing was that all the prizes were from our class. Consolation prize to group C; third prize to group E; second prize to group A and first prize to group B, that was our group. We were called to ground to collect our certificates and our photo was to come in the magazine.

When I returned home I was feeling very proud of myself and was in the seventh heaven. We had worked very hard on it and this was our GIFT!!!!

-Navya Mehta

No comments:

Post a Comment