Monday, February 21, 2011

Bomb in the train

“My child! My child! ” The lady exclaimed. She was heart-broken and cried madly.

It was evening when I caught the train to Delhi. I was elated to see my dear city. I was stretching myself on the birth. On reaching Kota the train was filled to capacity. I was completely bored as my all time friend's [mobile] battery was down, so exchanged pleasantries with the person next to me. I played 'X' and 'O' with her daughter.

She was going to get down at Meerut. She was a very kind-hearted person but her husband had gone to the heaven. Suddenly a man entered. He looked suspiciously at all of us. He was sitting in the compartment next to mine. He had just got a small bag and had adjusted down his seat. While playing my pen fell down and I went to pick it up. Suddenly I heard a strange noise. And, when I looked down, I saw it was a BOMB!!! I was terrified and pulled the chain. I told everyone to escape as there was a bomb. Everyone were out. But the poor granny was sobbing badly as her daughter was inside. She had almost fainted. I plucked up courage and went in. I cold see that the little girl was injured badly. I ran towards the girl.

I carried her and ran as fast as I could and in no time there was a big sound. The compartment had shattered into piece. For a moment I could feel the warmth and my skin was burning. It felt like a disaster like Tsunami. It was our destiny to be safe.

The old granny and her sweet daughter thanked me from the bottom of their heart. The girl was infinitely safe and secure. Another train arrived and we reached our destination safely.

-Navya Mehta

No comments:

Post a Comment