Friday, February 18, 2011

A bicycle ride

A BICYCLE RIDE

Yippee! I jumped everywhere because I saw my new bicycle parked near my house. It was my birthday present .I was eagerly waiting for the next day.

The next day came and there were fluffy white clouds floating across the sky. The sun peaked of the clouds. It was a pleasant and breezy day. I unlocked my bicycle. It was a perfect day for cycling.

I went to the garden. I saw many people cycling in the park. I started riding my cycle. I was exhilarated to feel the breeze on my face. I was caught up in a race. I began to pick up speed. I saw two cyclists coming towards me. I covered my face with my hands. I was horrified, they were very close.

My bicycle smeared, uncontrollable. The cyclist tried to avoid me but they couldn’t. They brushed against mine. I propelled through the air towards the ponds. I screamed at the top of my voice. My arms and legs were hanging in the air.

My bicycle spun out of control and toppled near the edge of the pond. I bruised my forehead.

I walked sheepishly out of the water. One old man had fell down; a small girl was crying because her grandpa fell down. It was a big disaster because of me. I apologized to everyone.

I was scared because my mom would scold me but after I went home she didn’t scold me. She put a band-aid on my forehead and I went to cycle once more. But this time I rode it carefully.

-Dhruv Shah

No comments:

Post a Comment