Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My favorite food-pav bhaji


“Mmmmm! It is so delicious!” I exclaimed. My mouth started watering when the plate of pav bhaji was put in front of me. Once I started, the food was so scrumptious, that I could not stop gobbling down the food morsel after morsel. Tears were rolling down my cheeks, my mouth started watering, my nose started running and I could almost imagine smoke coming out of my ears, since it was very delectable too. The orange colour of the bhaji finally chopped with white onions, lush green coriander leaves and yellow lemon slices – all adds to the colour riot. The aroma of the pav bhaji itself is enough for any strong person, to start drooling over it. Eating the pav bhaji is indeed a very sensory experience because it affects all the sense of our body. Can you imagine such a great combination of various tastes, aromas and colours all in any other food item?
To top it all, the healthiest way to make children eat all the vegetables without making a fuss about it is, to put it in the pav bhaji. For example, I do not like French beans and cauliflower; my mother will add these vegetables in the pav bhaji. Although, many of us like eating pav bhaji, too much of the dish is not advisable as it causes indigestion and other stomach disorders. But we can always have it once a week. The vegetables in the pav bhaji cover up the harmful effects of it.
So in all the pav bhaji is very healthy. But we must be careful of the amount we eat or we will have stomach problems.


- Netra Sanghvi (Maneckji Cooper-9 years)

8 comments: