Monday, August 23, 2010

Monsoon Magic

"Oh yes, the rains have arrived," I exclaimed loudly. My heart was beating with joy. I was ecstatic.

Strong gusty winds were blowing. The sky was overcast with dark clouds. We could see flashes in the sky and hear the claps of thunder. We knew it was going to rain but we still went for a short drive.

When we were half way, we saw a bright blue peacock dancing in the drizzle. We stopped our car there and took pictures of it. We went further and saw a marvelous rainbow. It was more beautiful then the peacock.

While returning back home, we were very tired because of the snail like speed of the traffic. At last we reached home. It was raining badly and we all were drenched to the skin. My father switched on the TV. They were showing clips of trees that were uprooted, cars were damaged and people were injured badly. After an hour the rain stopped. I called all my friends down and we sailed paper boats and jumped in puddles.

Green slimy frogs were jumping in the mossy Lilly ponds. Lambs were bleating with joy and frogs were croaking. The roads and leaves were clean and shiny.

I like this season very much because it is a relief from the burning heat of summer. It is a lot of fun when we are splashing in the muddy puddles.

- Manav Reshamwala

No comments:

Post a Comment