Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Rainy Day

“Rain rain come again, I really want to play!” I exclaimed to myself. Everybody is tired of the heat. We can feel the scorching heat of the Sun and steam rising from the ground. My only wish to God is to get rains and my wish came true yesterday.
I woke up early in the morning. Strong gusty winds were blowing in my face as I went out in the balcony. I saw that the sky was overcast with dark clouds making it a sight worth admiring. Suddenly it started raining and people started running for shelter. I quickly woke my parents up and they were delighted to see it. Then we saw a bike skidding and thank goodness the driver wore a helmet. As the day progressed, the vehicles began moving at a snail’s pace. I requested my mother if I could go to play in the rain and surprisingly she allowed me. My friends and I splashed water on each other and had a rollicking time. We were drenched to the skin. Then my mother called me as the first rain was acidic and it could harm me.
After the rain stopped my grandfather and I went around for a walk. We saw shining clean leaves and big puddles. The sky had a marvelous rainbow and the sky was painted with a variety of hues. We went in a park and we saw boys merrily sailing paper boats and jumping in muddy puddles.
Then at night the sky burst in all it’s fury and it started to rain cats and dogs. Flashes of lightning dazzled my eyes. Streaks of lightning across the jet-black sky made it look magnificent. It rained all night and the next morning I saw people wading through knee deep water.
I wished that it rained everyday and we would get a relief from the burning heat and the floods would result in holidays from school.

HARSH SHETH
13YRS.
J.N.S

No comments:

Post a Comment