Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Rainy Day

A rainy day

One fine day I woke up late as it was a Sunday. I got ready and had my breakfast. It was time to go to school.
Suddenly, I heard claps of thunder. I ran to the balcony. The dark clouds sailing in the sky were a sight to admire. The flashes of lightning dazzled my eyes. It suddenly started to rain. I asked my mom if I could go to play with my friends. My mom said yes. Before my mom said no, I grabbed my raincoat and called my friends and went down to play. People were running for shelter. We were jumping in the muddy puddles. Suddenly a noise was heard ‘thud!’ we went near the gate to see what it was. We saw a motorbike skidding because of the slippery roads. It rained more heavily. The trees sighed as the strong winds passed through them. We were playing and playing till at last we were drenched to the skin completely. We went home took a hot water bath. Then it stopped raining. We decided to go on a picnic. we sat in the car and dad drove. Suddenly he stopped the car near a meadow and asked us to get down. We got down and far behind the meadow there was a grassy garden. We sat there. It was drizzling. A beautiful bright blue peacock was dancing in the brilliant crystal drizzling rain and green slimy frogs were croaking in the sparkling mossy, lily ponds. As the sky burst in all its fury, we decided to leave and go home. It started pouring cats and dogs. The shining green leaves were gorgeous. The vehicles moved at a snail’s pace. It was flooded everywhere and people were wading through the knee-deep water.
It was a wonderful day filled with lots of fun. It was unforgettable. I would always remember today.

-Niva Shah
(USS-6th std. Wednesday 2:45)

1 comment: