Thursday, March 31, 2011

Journey in an overcrowded bus

“Please stop pushing!” I cried out loudly. I was very annoyed and irritated by the overcrowded bus. Everyone was nudging and pushing.
It was a Saturday morning and I was busy dozing. My mother suddenly woke me up and asked me to deliver some important documents to my father’s office as he had forgotten them.
In a drowsy mood, I was ready to leave. My mother even informed me that there was an autorickshaw strike and I had to travel by bus. I was infuriated. I left and walked towards the bus stop which was very crowded. As the bus arrived, I struggled to climb onto it as it was overcrowded. We were cramped like sardines in a box. I somehow managed to get aboard. It was sweltering hot and I began perspiring. Everyone squeezed and squashed me like a bug. I was holding the documents very tightly as they were slipping away from my clammy hands. I was hoping to find a seat to sit in. I saw a vacant seat up front. When I went to sit on it, a fat lady pushed me and sat in the seat. I was outraged. I kept glaring at her. Soon my destination arrived. I squeezed myself among the commuters to go to the exit and alighted from the bus. My father was standing at the office door. I quickly ran to him and gave him the documents.
He appreciated my effort and gave me money to buy my favorite confectionary for doing the task. I thanked him and ran to the closest sweet shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment