Thursday, March 24, 2011

the night i read a ghost story

The night I read a ghost story

One night after dinner, I bade good bye to my parents as they were going out. I sat on my bed with the book called ‘The Zombie Zone’.
While I was reading the book I felt as if I myself was in the story. I was petrified and was shivering with fear. Suddenly the light flickered off. I saw something whitish. Beads of sweat formed on my brow. I courageously went and switched on the light. I saw that it was my shining white book. All of a sudden the door slammed shut. I was horrified. The weird sounds of the night were enough to make my heart jump into my mouth. I took a deep breath and went to my hall to check what was making the noises. I saw that the door slammed shut because of the wind. However, I sensed some movements as I saw the keyhole which started to turn around on its own. I was shaking from head to toe. It opened with a sudden jerk and at the doorway stood… mom and dad!
I heaved a sigh of relief. I went and hugged my parents and told them what happened when they were not here. They made me understand that I should not feel frightened of anything. I should face my fears with confidence and courage. Since then I have never touched a ghost story.

-Niva Shah
(USS-6th std. Wednesday 2:45)

1 comment: