Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mother fell ill

Oh no!
“Yippee!” my summer holidays have started. There will be no tension and studying but there will be fun and enjoyment.
One Sunday morning I woke up at 9:00. It was pleasant and a fresh morning. Birds were singing joy fully and the trees were swaying merrily. I went to the kitchen and realized that my mother was not there . I went to her room; she was in bed looking pale. I asked my father what happened he said that mother has fever-104 degrees. I was flabbergasted. I promised her that I will do all the work of the house. I told her to relax and sleep for a while. I kissed her on her cheek and said,” get well soon” and went away. I cleaned the vessels and got Maggie massala from a shop and made Maggie for our lunch. My father helped me with some work. He washed our clothes, swept the floor. At night I was tired so I took a half an hour rest and was back to work. We took a thermometer and saw that my mother had fever with temperature 108.My heart was in my mouth. I called for the doctor. He came and told that it isn’t 108, its 100.8. He gave us some medicines. We gave those medicines to my mother. She was alright then.
My mother saw the work we had done; she was amazed and gave us a party at Rama Krishna Hotel. We were so ecstatic. This was a tiring but yet an enjoyable day.

Jainil Mehta (JNS)

No comments:

Post a Comment