Monday, October 25, 2010

My First Day At Office

“ Oh God .I am dead . How on Earth am I going to face my dad . Oh! No” I exclaimed , sweat forming on my brow .
It was Monday , I woke up late for the school . Unfortunately the gate’s of the school were closed and I was not allowed to enter the school . So, my dad was very annoyed with me and he was thundering loudly at me .I argued with my father that his life was easier than mine as he had no rules to follow . So, he gave me a challenge that for a day I had to be the boss of his office and had to maintain the position and the decorum of the office nicely and properly .
I was elated and my eyes were shining with joy and excitement when I had to miss the school and had to sit in the office in an air-conditioned room .As I reached the office I was exilirated as everyone there stood up and wished me . They were all taken aback and left gaping with wonder when they saw that instead of my father I had arrived in the office .I told them the truth and they all told me what I had to do . I was left speechless when I saw about a 20 files on my desk . They told me that I had to recheck them and so to understand them I had to read about hundred’s of book’s . I was astonished when I was told that before 7o’clock in the evening , I had to recheck them . At once , I started reading and rechecking them . There was a lot of mess around me as when I would solve a problem another one would come up and at last I would crumble the paper and throw it . I had made a fool of myself by coming there . I was not even 13 years old nor 10th pass but I was doing a job which had to be done by a 40 year old man. I was also told that if I did not submit these files by that evening the office would suffer a great loss . they also told me that if I didn’t then from the best company in India we would reach down to the last company . I was totally terrified and a chill ran down my spine when I heard that . I started crying at that very moment as I had messed up all the files and all the problems which I had rechecked , were all wrong . Now , I literally couldn’t face my dad .
Just then my dad came up to me and told me that it was all a drama or a skit put up to teach me a lesson that we should not be overconfident and instead we should be punctual for everything , and should study hard not only for good marks but for becoming a good educated man like Ratan Tata . It was a day of enlightenment for me as to how to succeed in life .
From
Tanya Mehta
C.N.M school

1 comment: