Monday, January 24, 2011

Killer-Litter

KILLER – LITTER
“Ah!” I screamed loudly when I saw that something was falling down from the building window. I stopped dead in my spine.
It was a beautiful Sunday morning and I was feeling very bored and there was no one to play with me. My mother asked me to buy some vegetables from the market. So I went with my grandmother to the supermarket to buy some vegetables.
We took our vegetables, and we were coming back from the supermarket to go to our house. IT was our usual routine to pass the beneath a block of flats.
As we were passing by, suddenly a loud noise came like something was going to fall. So we looked up and we saw that a pigeon was plucking the flowers but he could not manage it. The pigeon started pecking at the flower pot with its beak. The flower pot was at the edge of the window. As the pigeon continued pecking it, it lost its balance. So the flowerpot was falling down. The flowerpot accelerated on its downward fall towards me and my grandmother. I was hurt very badly. I was lying on the ground, crying. The fragment of the shattered flowerpot was all around me. I was overcome with shock at the sudden impact and was shivering in fear. A chill ran down my spine.
By this time, a small crowd had gathered. Some of them were heard condemning the owner of the potted plant for placing it on the ledge of the window. A resident of the area even went upstairs to knock on the door of the owner who had potted the plants on the ledge of the window. But nobody answered the door. So we went back.
Following that incident, my grandmother and I always walked along the void deck when we had to pass by a block of flats.

-Nidhi Patel (thursday batch)

No comments:

Post a Comment