Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Hiking Trip

“Wow! It’s so beautiful”, I exclaimed loudly to my companions. I was left speechless and I was gaping with wonder when I saw the lovely scenery outside.
Our Christmas vacation had started and we had about two weeks vacation. Thus my parents decided to go for a adventurous trip to Sahyadri Hills for two days. We all were very excited.

The next day we disembarked from our house at noon. The sun was at its height, shining down on us. Soon we were at the entrance of the dense forest. We could hear the birds chirping an the trees swaying to and fro merrily. As we proceeded further we had many challenges like the unfavorable weather conditions. After a little while we had to trudge through a rocky path. All of them waded gingerly in a single file across the knee-deep muddy water. We held our bag packs above our heads to keep the contents inside our bag dry. When everyone made it safely across the river we decided to go further. My brother was very tired and so we decided to take rest. My mother had carried dry snacks and juice in her bag. Then after taking rest we again started our journey. Soon we came to a small hill. We all got on fours and began to crawl up the steep terrain. It was a little difficult but at last we made our way to the top of the hill. My mother declared the top of the hill as their campsite that night. Each family had his own tent. We all changed ourselves and got fresh. After a little while we gathered around a campfire. We played games and shared jokes with each other. Then we had a hearty dinner. After the dinner it was time for us to tuck in for the night.
The next day it was time to go back to our house I had lots of fun with my parents and friends. It was a memorial trip for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment