Monday, January 24, 2011

Bank Robbery

"Smit lets go to the bank to make a savings account for you!"exclaimed my mother . I gave a high pitched whoop of joy. I was as pleased as a punch on hearing my mother.
A fortnight had passed since Christmas. There were lush green trees covered with snow. The chirping of birds filled me with peace.
It was a Sunday morning and my mother welcomed me with a cup of hot coffee. My eyes lit up on hearing that we were going to make a new savings account for me.
We went to the bank and waited for our turn to come till a man entered with a black mask and a revolver in his hand. He shot a bullet in the air to warn the people. He went to the cash counter and asked the cashier to give him all the money present in the bank.
The bank manager had already got the news from the silent alarm pressed by the lady at the counter. he immediately called up the cops.
The sight of the robber made my flesh creep. My face turned white.I did not know whether I would be saved or killed but just kept standing by the wall.
While the lady at the counter gave all the money there was to the robber, he was not satisfied with that amount and asked for more. The lady called the manager for the keys of the locker. As soon as she opened the door the cops arrived and shot the robber on his leg.
This gave me a sigh of relief and my heartbeat turned normal. As the sight turned normal my mother quickly made my savings account and we rushed for home before any other incident would take place.

-Smit Patani

No comments:

Post a Comment