Monday, May 23, 2011

Autobiography of a pressure cooker

I am a fuel saving device. I am a very helpful instrument. I make a shrill noise like Whoo! Whoo! Guess who am I? I am a pressure cooker. Life has been full of joyful and bitter experiences. I now spend time recalling the journey of my life.

I was born in the great pressure cooker factor of ‘Prestige’. I was coated with a shiny metal called Teflon. After being polished, I glowed like the sun. I was golden in color. I had a brown handle and I whistled when something was steaming inside me. I was a multi purpose cooking instrument as I could bake cake and steam rice, vegetables and pulses. I was packed and dispatched to the ‘Prestige store’. One day, a professor of an engineering college came to the showroom. I was on seventh heaven when he decided to purchase me.
I made friends with the saucepan and a charming kettle with a ferocious dragon design on it. As I was brand new, the servant washed me very carefully with expensive soap. When my mistress cooked food in me, her cooking was praised. I felt extremely proud. One day, my mistress hired the cook. She was very reckless. She threw me around here and there. My lid became dented and my whistle broke. I was then sent to a scrap dealer. The scrap dealer peeled off my golden covering and repaired my whistle.

Unfortunately, I had lost my appeal and was sent to a melting factory where I was to be melted and formed into another useful device. I hope a brighter future awaits me.



By
Yug Choksi
5th std CNMS

No comments:

Post a Comment